Introduction to Environmental Health Hazards



Salespersons with 2+ years experience

Earn Your Continuing Education Credits at NYREI

This course is approved for 7.5 hours of Real Estate continuing education.

This course is designed to introduce and familiarize real estate professionals with current issues involved with asbestos, lead, mold and radon in commercial, institutional and residential structures.

Property transfer practices now include specific procedures and practices for disclosure and record keeping for the presence of environmental health hazards. Attendees can expect to become familiar with these standard practices, as well as the regulatory infrastructure associated with the issue and services that exist to respond to the need.

Is the New York Real Estate the right school for you?

Which CE Package is Right for You?

The easiest way to complete your CE requirements is to purchase a package below.

Introduction to Environmental Health Hazards


Discount Package


Course Information


When a license is due for renewal, the licensee will be notified in two ways: a postcard reminder will be sent to the licensee’s business address and an email reminder will be sent to the email address provided in the licensee’s eAccessNY account.
The New York Department of State requires licensees (both salespersons and brokers) to successfully complete 22.5 hours of approved real estate continuing education within their two year license term.

No. A recent legislative amendment REMOVED the 15-year real estate broker continuing education exemption and now requires all brokers who were previously exempted to complete continuing education starting July 1, 2021.

Each continuing education class is credited for either 3.75 hours or 7.5 hours. To see a complete course offering list for continuing education, please click here.

Yes. There are 5 classes required.

According to the DOS: “All licensees must successfully complete 22.5 hours of approved continuing education. The education must include at least 2 hours of instruction pertaining to cultural competency, 2 hours of instruction on implicit bias, 2.5 hours on the subject of ethical business practices, at least 1 hour of recent legal matters, at least 3 hours of instruction pertaining to fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property and at least 1 hour of instruction pertaining to the law of agency except in the case of the initial two-year licensing term for real estate salespersons, 2 hours of agency related instruction must be completed within the two-year period immediately preceding a renewal.”

Real estate professionals must complete 22.5 hours of continuing education every two years to keep their licenses active.

You must complete all 22.5 hours of continuing education before your license expires.

Yes, we offer 22.5 hour online self-paced renewal package! Click here for more information and register for continuing education classes online.

If you do not renew your license, you cannot conduct any real estate activities that require a New York State real estate license in accordance with Article 12-A of the Real Property Law. There are no grace periods that allow you to continue working while not licensed. You have two years from the date your license expires to renew your license. If you fail to renew within that period, you will be required to pass the state written examination. No continuing education will be required to repeat the licensing process again.

When you submit your new salesperson application, you must include the following: your new examination results, application fee, and a copy of your expired license/pocket card or ORIGINAL proof of completing the salesperson course. If possible, it is better to submit original proof of your salesperson course. If you do not have an original certificate, then call the school where you took the course to request another certificate. If you are applying for your broker’s license, you must submit ORIGINAL proof of your 75-hour salesperson course and 45-hour broker course, or a copy of your expired broker’s license.